Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yarn Bombing

Late last night Emily and Dave and I were talking after work and knitting was brought up and Dave mentioned "yarn bombing" which is something the girls in his nursing class do to get out their frustration. I had never heard of this before, and being a knitter and Etsian I felt very out of the loop. So I turned to the handy dandy INTERNET! And these were my findings >.<

According to the ever trusty Wikipedia
Yarn bombingyarnbombingyarnstormingguerrilla knitting, or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk.

So this peaked my interest so I searched google images and these were some of my favorites...










In other news today there are some great treasury BNR that i'm participating in if you would like to stop in and check them out, there are some really great sellers and it's always fun to hang out and chat for a bit!!

1. The MyNewFav BNR is closed at the moment but will open up later today
2. And Feltery's BNR will open again on Monday =)

Hope to see you there! If you do drop by please let them know Buttons sent you!!!


xxoo

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! We should find a fence to do this to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!!! And I can't believe Dave had to tell me about it haha!!! How did I not know about this?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete