Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Harry Potter

For a lot of kids in my age group Harry Potter is more than just a book series, and together we have grown with Harry, and as Warner Bros. developed the books we love so much into movies we waited with anticipation. Next month as we all know will be the last movie of the series. I am very excited and very sad at this. Excited to see what they have done and sad that there will no longer be midnight premiers and fun to be had with other wizards (we can always go to Orlando i suppose though). We as Potter fans know that it will never end and these are books we will pass down to our children and hope they make an impact on them like they did on us.

That being said if you read this blog than you know that I am an avid reader and whenever I can't find a book that spikes my interest or am just having trouble falling to sleep I grab Harry off the bookshelf and open to a random page and start reading. At a certain point you forget you are reading and just drift into Hogwarts. I found myself thinking one day how else we could show our house pride, I personally have sewn Ravenclaw patches onto vests and sweaters to wear on an almost daily basis (more in winter) I was looking for things that wouldn't stand out immensely but that if another Ravenclaw saw they would smile and know. 
About a week ago I hit a sort of road block with my knitting shop on Etsy and then it came to me ... House inspired scarves, coffee cozys, headbands, jewelry ... so I set to work. 

The first thing I made was a Gryffindor inspired scarf with matching coffee cozy. The pattern is very different from what they use in the movies. Also with the yarn I had left I made a matching coffee cup cozy


I had planned on making the same things for all 4 houses ... and at some point got sidetracked ... but I do plan on having them done before July 15.

Also in this inspirational phase I made a headband for each house.





It started with me just making a Ravenclaw one for myself then Katelyn wanted a Slytherin one so I just made a bunch and put the rest in the shop!! 

You can visit the shop to view more pictures or to purchase HERE


We are also still taking names for the July Giveaway!!! You can win a free scarf from InezGill
Just go to the blog link HERE! and leave us a comment!!

3 comments: