Monday, June 27, 2011

Get inspired about food

So I just finished the season finale of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution ... and if you haven't seen this show I strongly suggest you go to hulu.com and watch it ... it's absolutely amazing. I was lucky enough to have adults in my life that were educated in food and I come from a strong culinary background and went to college for Culinary Arts. I am not working in the field today but am cooking a lot at home, always making fresh bread and trying little by little to eliminate bad foods from our diet starting now so we have healthy eating habits intact for when we have children later on. 

So today I'd like to share with you all my personal garden. We weren't settled into our new place in time to start growing all of the vegetables I would have liked, but we did manage to get a tomato plant and two strawberry plants. We are growing all of our plants on our back deck and in our kitchen. It is my hope that we will also have some herbs going soon, maybe by this weekend in our kitchen window. 
I have a lot of different Morning Glories and moon flowers as well. I can't wait for them to start flowering.
The first morning glories i planted .. not sure if they are going to survive or not. They are resilient though.
Even more morning glories, with some moon flowers scattered in.
Again Morning Glories, they might be pink ones .. i dont remember 
Strawberries =) 
First tomato flower
Tomato plant ... its been really rainy lately and the leaves are wilting a bit

my hanging plant, also morning glories
and more

all of them ... 




1 comment:

  1. totally jealous of your plants/garden. we are in the process of moving to ca, and once we get there, im planting some of my own. cant wait!!!

    ReplyDelete