Monday, May 23, 2011

Headband Queen

I'm very excited to announce that I am in the process of making headbands for my Etsy shop! 
A little back-story, when I was little (second grade ish) I always wore headbands and remember my teacher calling me "the headband queen". I of course didn't continue wearing headbands everyday but I wish I did and wear them a lot now. But have been finding them rather expensive. 

My Etsy shop started with just scarves and cowls and now that its summer I'm trying to branch out into new items still centered around buttons and yarn! I've started making knit jewelry with button embellishments and also am continuing to make coffee cozy's and lighter weight infinity scarves. But while laying in bed one night I thought about making my own headbands similarly to how I make bracelets and necklaces. Very hippy bohemian influences. Making it myself is my solution for fashion problems when i can't find what I'm looking for or if i can't afford it . So if they come out well I'll end up showcasing them in my shop!



I have some favorite shops on Etsy to buy headbands to share with everyone



2 Filles Du Nord is an amazing shop out of Canada that I happened on through a BNR on Etsy a few weeks back and ended up buying a headband from them. And I love it!! Not only are the affordable but they are adorable yet sophisticated at the same time! <3 



BeSomethingNew is another great shop that I found during one of my many headband searches. The prices are really good just not anything I can afford at the moment but they have an amazing selection!!! I suggest you check them out! 


Also in my headband mood today I created a treasury on Etsy for headband lovers, you can view it 



xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment