Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Book Review Tuesday

Summer Books you MUST READ!!!!
Okay only if you want to though!
A few weeks ago I was in search of a good "beach book" and one night at work while straightening I stumbled upon The Last Summer of You and Me
From the woman who brought us Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants when we were teens now she is writing to girls in their 20's. Which is exactly what Ive been looking for. Young Adult books, not Teen. 
This is also the first book I've read by Ann Brashares so I decided last night to go back and read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I never read it, just watched the movies, which I enjoyed. 
So while searching for the books in the computer last night at work I was informed of Sisterhood Everlasting, which will be released June 14, 2011 and will be the fifth installment of the Traveling Pants series and now the girls are in their late 20's and finding their way in the world! 
So my goal is to read the four traveling pants books before this one comes out. Which should be do-able. 

Also by Ann Brashares is My Name is Memory which came out last summer and is being released in paperback next month. From what I've read so far it is about a man who falls in love with the same women century after century ... 
Within the next few weeks we will have a "Favorite Beach Books" section and the book is to be shelved there  but i'll let you know what I think as soon as I finish it! 

I go through some really strange and ADD induced phases with the books I read. Right now its mostly lovey-dovey stuff with happily ever after but I haven't been on a Science Fiction kick in a while so maybe that will be next. 
Now that summer is upon us though all I can think about is the beach and just relaxing and reading! 
Unfortunately Tennessee is pretty landlocked, but this is what books are for! 


xxoo



No comments:

Post a Comment