Thursday, April 21, 2011

Starting new things Thursday

So after my complete knitting meltdown there other night complete with pathetic sobs I have taken a break from knitting (only for a few day) and started all new fresh projects.
I had been working on a light-weight summer cowl and had put about 40 hours into it and when I was casting off to finish I set my needles down (big mistake) and somehow I lost a lot of stitches and couldnt' go back and pick them up because the yarn i was using was a silk and bamboo blend and it just slipped all over the place and that mixed with a whole bunch of other set backs just completely got me down.
BUT YOU ALWAYS GET BACK ON THE BIKE!
So now with a fresh look on things, and some quality time with my sketch book I've got several new things i'm working on most of which is not going in my shop but are gifts for friends and once i find the right color i'm going to make myself a summer cowl.
I am also currently working on my biggest project yet. A baby blanket for one of my very good friends who is about to have a baby boy! I found some amazing cotton yarn that is durable enough to withstand baby puke and many many washes :-). The other things i'm working on are just small stuff, bracelet's and coffee cozies.

New stuff that's going on, not shop related, Glee was new this week, not my favorite episode but not bad. I love the message the show sends to young people and I wish there was a show like that on when I was in high school. And Darren Criss is just awesome!  I'm a huge fan of his and Starkid productions on the whole.
Big Bang Theory is as always AMAZING, KICK-ASS, INSPIRING, BAD-ASS, AWESOME, GREAT. Just fan-freaking-tastic :-) <3 <3 <3

On the bookside of life i just finished Sara Dessen- Along for the ride. A teen fiction, but It was really cute and kept me interested for the duration of the book. Not sure what i'm going to read next, my E-reader died a few days ago ... I might tackle Ancestors Tale next or the Origin of species.

I have tomorrow off so fingers crossed for getting things accomplished with the baby blanket <3

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment