Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eco-Friendly, Going Green

I have been seriously considering and looking into moving my knitting shop to all organic "green" materials. I don't think the "Green Peace" and "Eco-Friendly fads if you will are just fads, I think its a direction that young people such as myself are moving towards and is the future. Plus who wouldn't want to do what's better for the environment?! I've been pricing out and researching the different yarns and buttons I would be able to use and the prices aren't significantly different enough that I would have to jack up my prices and i'm hoping that with this move I can expand my shop to a new client base. 

I also LOVE buying my supplies from ETSY and local purveyors. Right now i'm getting a lot of my stuff at the local Michael's but hopefully once I start getting my name out there I'll be able to make more connections with other local knitters and there is a great market on Etsy for Organic and all natural yarns. 
These are just some of my favorites 





I also am in the process of putting together a sample set of the yarns I use so people can really get a feel for them before they buy. I think i'm going to call it "Get a Feel for It" or something like that. I'll gladly take any idea's!!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment