Friday, August 26, 2011

The Fall lineup!

Okay before I start this ... I just have to mention that I experienced my first earthquake!!! 
And it scared the crap out of me! 
I was knitting in my craftroom and everything started to shake I had no clue what was happening and I found it hilarious that I found out it was an earthquake through Twitter, instead of the news because it got there first. 

ANYWAY on to the good stuff!!!

The mornings here have been getting chilly, granted i'm talking about 6am, but still the temperature change has been pretty drastic. It quickly warms up though. But in the spirit of the days getting shorter and the mornings getting cooler I took a break from Coffee Cozies and started knitting Cowls and going along with trying to be more organized (and i'm tired of having 15 projects going at once) I made a list of all of the yarn I had and what I was going to do with it. Then went through my books and found what patterns to do with what (learned a few things along the way) and came up with some great new ideas for cowls. It was also a beautiful day to sit outside in the garden and sketch (something I swore I would do more of and hardly ever do)

Here are some of my favorites so far! 
So this Crimson cowl quickly became a favorite and I plan on making myself one for winter. 
It's bamboo yarn so super super soft and i used a large gauge needle so it's also light, great for fall, and large enough to be doubled up when it gets colder.


And the coffee cup cozy that goes with it! I try to make a coffee cup cozy to go with every cowl and/or scarf


Now this one took longer than the red one because I used smaller needles, but it would definitely be better for those colder months! Taller, and not as long but good in it's own way. And it's covered with different shades of purple buttons.


I didn't have any more of the off-white yarn so I used a light purple with more purple buttons, really you can never have enough purple right! 


I also made 2 more cowls with corresponding cozies but haven't gotten them photographed yet but fingers crossed it'll happen tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. If you're anything like me, you'll never actually own a cowl because by the time you finish, you'll decide it's too fantastic to keep to yourself, and it needs to be shared with the world. And then you'll list it on Etsy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea .. it's my downfall haha, The white one was supposed to be mine haha but it's too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earthquake is too funny; same thing happened to me (probably same earthquake) except I never felt it. First I heard of it was from my husband, whose whole building shook at work. My response when he called me to tell me about it was "earthquake?" Apparently people one mile away felt it, but not me.

    Oh, and you are so pretty! Love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!!!! I'm regretting chopping my hair off!! I cut 8inches off a month ago :(
    but it's growing back quickly

    ReplyDelete